While companies are dealing with the current crisis in a variety of ways, a vast majority of employees are now working remotely, at least for the foreseeable future. We’ve been hearing similar questions and themes from our customers about leveraging Microsoft Teams to improve organizational communication.
5 ways our customers are now leveraging Teams:
- Communicating corporate Covid-19 messaging using Microsoft’s Crisis Management Templates
- Transitioning Desk Phone workloads to one-click online voice & video meetings in Teams so employees can use work phones from home
- Using Planner to document emergency response ownership and deadlines within Teams
- Centralizing and sharing the latest documents, ideas and public news into a Covid-19 Team
- Organizing team documents to securely invite guests to collaborate on content
Additional resources that may be helpful:
- Microsoft Teams Quick Start Guide: a great reference to share with employees if you are new to Teams
- Four tips for working from home with Microsoft Teams
- Remote work – how to work from home
In addition, Microsoft has provided both a SharePoint Site template and a Power App template to assist you with communicating to employees:
- Build a Crisis Management Site: A guide to the simple steps and configuration to establish a crisis management site based in SharePoint
- Crisis Communication: a Power Platform template: Instructions for how to implement your own Crisis Communication app
We’ve seen Teams facilitate safe and productive work for many organizations and wanted to share what it might do for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have immediate needs we can assist with.