“I realized that I enjoyed the feeling of solving complex problems and seeing how I got there. I like really understanding what I’m doing from the inside out.”
Growing up a fifth generation Vermonter in Grand Isle, Beau never felt much pull away from the Green Mountains although he did spend one year across the lake in college. He returned quickly and says he’s here for good, although he does enjoy a warm beach vacation now and then. Computers have also always been a part of his life and he even remembers playing card games on an old DOS machine with its big floppy drive.
Since his stepfather worked for IBM, Beau knew about software development from an early age but he didn’t see it as a career option for himself until he landed at University of Vermont as a sophomore. There, he recalls, “I realized that I enjoyed the feeling of solving complex problems and seeing how I got there. I like really understanding what I’m doing from the inside out.” He even found time, between being a record-winning decathlete and captain of the track team, to co-found a student-led computer science support program called CSCrew offering free tutoring to undergraduates.
Beau enjoys the challenge of working with and around the framework of SharePoint to deliver solutions that work for clients—whatever that might take. “I’m very inquisitive and ask lots of questions. I always want to know why does it work that way and how does it work that way,” Beau reflects. “I enjoy seeing how productive a business can be because of a well-crafted solution we deliver.”
Education and training:
- B.S. in Computer Science and Information Systems, an interdisciplinary program combining Computer Science and Business Administration, from University of Vermont (2011).
- Skills & proficiencies include: Sitecore 7 Certified, Microsoft Certified Partner, Critical Path Training (Developer), AJAX, .NET MVC, C#, AngularJS, SQL Server, KnockoutJS, JQuery.
The fun stuff:
- Still runs but is on decathlon hiatus
- Enjoys time boating on the lake and is a self-described “car fanatic”
- Appreciates the buzzing food and drink scene in Winooski and Burlington
Check out blog posts written by Beau